Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Baby blues


I haven't done much recently with the writing. I am plodding along slowly with the final part of the trilogy and am rapidly approaching halfway. However, the drive for publishing has been knocked out of me.

I have to start again if I mean to be serious about this. Still upset about those who said they wished to publish then kept me hanging on for most of 2005 before dumping me. It appears I have a long memory or wallow in self pity. Soon I must kick start myself again or really what is the point?

Having a baby is much more tiring than I thought. After a days work, and a night of broken sleep, I have no energy most times when I return to do much. And this is a good baby, a happy child! What would happen if we'd had a real screamer? If I'm tired how is my wife?

Writing only survives because I do it at lunchtimes. I can find a corner and lose myself for 45 minutes and get 500 words out or so. I still do it. My mind still prepares the first chapter of book 4. The son of my current protagonist running away, sent by his grandmother to protect him from a crime he was forced into commiting. Running for freedom, but wondering if he has not killed. Hmm, look forward to that. Another start, another book to peddle.

There is a chink of light then, perhaps I will see me start again with renewed vigour in the future, when the sleep gets better and the baby does not take over.

Maybe the Chinese New Year may help - what, have a literary success in the year of the boar? Hmmm...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free 
hit counter free web counter Software and Free Game Downloads