Thursday, August 30, 2007

Estonian update

I've been and we've all come back. We did nothing major touristy things and spent most of the time in the wild forest. it was great, I feel really chilled. the family are good for it, Evelin speaks more Estonian. Good break! I struggled for so long before the go, doing a new floor in the hallway. Aile likes it, but not my choice of edges. Um... sorry, but can't change them without ripping up the floor... :)

I got precious little writing done, but have slowly got back into it now. what have I to show for the 5 weeks? 200 words on a chapter of book 4 and half a short story that I need to rewrite, as I don't like its tempo and style. A new voice? Anyway, it's disappointing, I had planned so much. There we are, writing can't be forced and if I didn't write anything, I certainly soaked up the atmosphere and experiences that can be utilised later on. I also had two productive days in the Nat library - even if my dictaphone tape broke and I need it repaired!

Since coming back, I am 75% done on the chapter. Basically, I've been stuck. I know where I want to go in later chapters. i now have worked through the line, a few new characters have arrived and another chapter fits in. A reprise from book 2 to link them.

I have reworked short story 'the tin turtle' - further experiences of David's war. I have written a new story today for a little comp. It's totally from my normal voice and I wanted to try. I named it 'A sign from Waddingtons' and i guess it pays homage to a certain game. I'm sure it's been done before, but it was fun.

I also entered a poetry competition with my Dawn Desire (reworked). Well, why not? have heard nothing from the publisher. I need to wait until at least mid-September.

My diary will follow...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free 
hit counter free web counter Software and Free Game Downloads