Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Setting the standard

My father got his degree results. He got a 2.1 and next week will attain his graduation as BA (Hons) in American Studies.
He is currently looking at his options to do an MA or Mfilm in a related field.
He is also 76 this year, proving that you are never too old.

It's quite a feat and I am so proud and looking forward to the celebrations. This will hopefully start with a get together over a glass of whisky or 3 on Saturday. I always look forward to the first evening back, the whisky comes out and we catch up. It's recognised by the ladies who just leave us to it (famous last words...).

I also need to save like mad, because I have already said that achieving graduation would mean that I take him on a tour of the Islay whisky distilleries. Beautiful land that island, I have not seen it for almost 20 years now. Looking across the Sound to the Paps of Jura on a clear day...
with a glass of Caol Ila in hand of course!

1 Comments:

At Saturday, July 09, 2005 1:46:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please pass on a big "well done" to Roger!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free 
hit counter free web counter Software and Free Game Downloads