Monday, June 05, 2006

Final Lap

And the latest news.... still waiting. Aile was due on Saturday and basically it was a nice hot sunny day, but the only excitement was watching England stuff Jamaica 6-0 in the footy. Looking forward to getting this waiting all over. It would be so nice to avoid 06/06/06 though...
Poor Aile is very uncomfortable, especially on a hot day. Just praying for good news to spread, that's all you can do. My mother in law has been over for a while now and the house is more organised and clean and tidy than it has been for years. I have even filled in some spare time by continuing the model railway project, whic is another of my vices. The backdrop is being fixed, so as not to fall down. The next job is to proof it from a potential invasion of ants!

In the meantime, I am looking forward to the World Cup. I actually hope England do well, but also Costa Rica, Ecuador and Mexico. Three teams who have been attractive in the past. Paraguay too, but please lose your first game amigos! I don't know what to make of the African teams and I now feel my predictions have done Ivory Coast and Ghana a grave injustice. Well, let's hope it's entertaining with no bloodbaths or diving. Yeah right... Still believe there will be some classic games, first one up is Holland v Argentina. I can't call that one, so will be absorbed by it and sit on the fence. Argentina has too many links with Wales for me not to secretly enjoy the beautiful side of their game. Enough! There is time yet.

The book is finished! I just need to type up the last chapter and then do the continuity read. Following that I have to decide what to nwrite next. Book 3 of the series? Another of my tales filed for later? It all depends on how Book 1 is getting on, but the silence is oppressive and usually not a good sign. We live in hope, in fact I am hoping for so many things these days, it is keeping me awake at nights.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free 
hit counter free web counter Software and Free Game Downloads